Long nails and short nails look depend on how you carry them. Some people love to carry short nails as they look cute while some prefer long nails. Both required some care and time. To maintain their health we need to keep them clean. Nails should be trim and file every week to keep healthy.
I’ve tried sporting both long nails and short nails, and if I have to choose, I prefer short nails. But that’s my preference and some might find longer nails to suit them better. If you’re not sure of what you want though, these are just some of the pros and cons I’ve experienced:
Pros of Long Nails
• They simply look glamorous. I can coat them with the simplest nail polish I have at home and they automatically make it look like it’s been done in the salon. It’s a good way to prepare for an important event.
• They make the fingers look slimmer and longer. The added length of the nails made my fingers look slimmer and I quite liked it.
• They look prettier with nail art. I’ve tried nail art on both long and short nails and I think I found the ones on the long nails to look better. I’m not sure if it has anything to do with the length, but maybe having more surface to show the art is the reason.
Cons of Long Nails
• They carry germs and bacteria. It’s not hygienic in general to keep long nails, but if you can groom them properly, you should be okay.
• They can scratch other people. This could be a pro if you’re aiming to defend yourself against an attacker, but other than that, scratching people or animals due to your long nails is not a good thing.
• They make doing some things harder. I found it hard to type with long nails, but maybe those who have been sporting them will already be used to it. I also found it hard opening packets and cans with long nails mostly because I fear that my nails might break if I exert too much force on them. That will be painful too.
• They get damaged easily. Once when I tried to grow my nails out, I found one of them chipped and damaged, which resulted in me having to cut everything to make them even again. This could probably be remedied by using a product to strengthen the nails, but I haven’t tried that yet.
Some people might prefer long nails, while others are all for the shorter ones, but before you decide on what you want, make sure that you are aware of the pros and cons to expect from each.