No matter what the season, your nails always need a little love and attention. But during the summer months, they may require a bit more care than usual. Here are some nail care tips to help keep your nails looking their best all summer long:
1. Keep them clean and trimmed. This may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s important to keep your nails clean and trimmed year-round. During the summer months, however, you may want to pay special attention to keeping them clean as you’re more likely to be outside and exposed to dirt and grime. Regularly cleaning and trimming your nails will also help prevent hangnails from forming.
2. Moisturize regularly. Just like the rest of your skin, your nails need to be moisturized to stay healthy. Be sure to apply lotion or cuticle oil regularly, especially after any exposure to water. This will help keep your nails from becoming dry and brittle.
3. Protect them from the sun. Yes, your nails can get sunburned! When applying sunscreen, don’t forget to put some on your nails as well. You can also purchase special nail sunscreens that provide extra protection.
4. Wear gloves when necessary. When doing any type of work that involves getting your hands dirty or wet, be sure to wear gloves. This will help protect your nails from dirt, grime, and chemicals that can damage them.
5. Be careful with nail polish removers. Nail polish removers can be very drying to your nails, so be sure to use a moisturizing formula. When possible, opt for an acetone-free nail polish remover as it will be less damaging to your nails.
By following these simple nail care tips, you can help keep your nails looking their best all summer long!