Pastel colors are a light, delicate hue. The word “pastel” comes from the French word for “cake,” because these colors were first used in cakes and candy. Pastel colors are usually made by mixing white with a primary color. This gives the colors a softer look.
Some common pastel colors are pink, blue, purple, yellow, and green. Pastels can be used in art, fashion, and decorating. They are popular for Spring and Easter.
Pastel nail colors are a great way to add a touch of femininity and romance to your nails. They come in a variety of shades, from soft pinks and purples to gentle blues and greens. And because they’re usually sheer or semi-sheer, they’re perfect for creating delicate nail art designs.
If you’re new to working with pastels, start with a light color like baby blue or lavender. Then, experiment with different techniques until you find the look you love. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Use a dotting tool to create polka dots in various sizes. You can also use a toothpick or other sharp object if you don’t have a dot.
2. Try a marbled effect by swirling two colors together on your nail.
3. Paint stripes using a striper brush or a toothpick. You can make them as thick or thin as you like.
4. Or, go for a simple ombré look by making designs from light to dark.
When you’re ready to take your pastel nails to the next level, try adding some glitter or rhinestones. You can also add a top coat of clear polish to give your nails extra shine and protection.
Now that you know how to work with pastel nail colors, it’s time to pick out your favorite shades and get creative!
How to Do Nail Art with Pastel Shades
1. Choose your colors. Pick out two or three sheer or semi-sheer shades of polish in similar colors. For example, you could use baby blue, powder blue, and navy.
2. Paint your nails. Start with a base coat of polish, then paint your nails with the lightest color first. Let that dry completely before moving on to the next shade.
3. Add stripes or dots. Once your nails are dry, use a striper brush or toothpick to add stripes or dots of the next color. You can also use a dotting tool for this step.
4. Finish with a topcoat. To help your nail art designs last longer, add a layer of clear polish over everything. This will also give your nails extra shine.
Now that you know how to do pastel nail art, experiment with different colors and techniques to create your own unique looks!